Graduation and PANCE

Graduation was one of the best days ever. What can I say? I gave a little speech. I walked across the stage to receive one of the most expensive pieces of paper I own. I got an unexpected award. And I cried a little bit. My hubby and kids were there of course. My brother made the long trip and my father in law came up too with his girlfriend. I felt the love and support of many family and friends who could not make the trip. Here are a few pictures of the day:
My daughter decorated my cap for me!

Oh and I got a puppy before graduation!!!! 
With my brother!

And then, for the PANCE I used a hodgepodge of things to study, but the best resources I used were PANCE Prep Pearls. I still refer to it as a new PA-C. The question book is also helpful for the PANCE. I took the exam 2 weeks after graduation on a Thursday and received my results the following Thursday. I am part of a small prayer group in my class and we prayed each other through our exams! Honestly, we prayed each other through so much more. These individuals made a huge impact on my PA school experience, in a way I can't explain with words. We will be forever friends!

Lastly, I was ready to get to work!  To work I needed:
  • NCCPA passing score
  • Copy of diploma
  • A state license
  • A DEA number (expensive)
  • Delegation agreement
  • an NPI number (I already had it, maybe you do too?) 
  • Facility specific items
Sometimes employers will reimburse you for some of the items that you have to pay for, including the cost of the PANCE.  Negotiate!

So, I think this might be the end of my blog! I hope everyone has enjoyed my journey. I enjoyed sharing it!
Best wishes! Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions regarding the PA school journey! And always remember YOUR why, the reasons you pursued this journey to begin with.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Graduation and PANCE

Graduation was one of the best days ever. What can I say? I gave a little speech. I walked across the stage to receive one of the most expen...