Why PA? Why now?

Call it divine intervention, call it coincidence, call it whatever you'd like, but I truly believe that God has opened doors in my life, and He has closed some too.

I am a person who enjoys a challenge, enjoys learning, and advancing. I enjoyed my career as a Radiographer, and ultimately branched into another field, Nuclear Medicine. 



Working in PET/CT primarily, I encountered some of the most courageous people who were either facing a diagnosis, or who were dealing with a diagnosis of cancer. I truly loved the relationships that I formed with the patients who would return to follow up scans. But, I felt stagnant.  It was during that time that I pursued a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
With my two youngest children at my graduation Dec 2010

I thought that maybe I would pursue opportunities in pharmaceutical sales, preferably radiopharmaceutical sales, education, management, or applications training. After graduating I pursued some of those things, but none of them panned out as I had hoped. I had also advanced as far as I could in my position, and there are very few Nuclear Medicine Technologist positions where I lived. I held on to my job for a long time, and I also found that while I enjoyed some of the administrative aspects of healthcare, I preferred patient care. Many years prior, while in Nuclear Medicine school, I looked into PA school, but decided to just focus on the program I was in at the time. I didn't have the bachelor's degree yet, and truthfully I was a little intimated at the time.



I can tell so many examples of how I saw God create opportunities for me and opened doors for me to get to where I am today as a PA student. Of course I had to work very hard, manage my time, and maintain a focused determination. And I'm thankful to have amazingly supportive family and friends. 

So, why PA? Because I want to do more. I want to have skills that can help people, and to increase access to healthcare for the underserved. I want to be a life long learner. I want to be an example to my kids.


Why now? This is the time for me to do this. It wouldn't have worked out 10 years ago, 5 years, ago, etc. The time is now. I believe in divine appointments.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but I am a faith-filled person, and this is a major part of my story. Until next time! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Continuing the journey! Blessed by the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog! Stay encouraged!

      Delete

Graduation and PANCE

Graduation was one of the best days ever. What can I say? I gave a little speech. I walked across the stage to receive one of the most expen...